Friday, October 28, 2011

Part 11

Sydney Riemschneider, 2nd year, History

Song: (I Don’t Want To Lose) Your Love

Band: Outfield

Album: Play Deep

This summer was one of discoveries for me. I did not get to experience the kind of summer only told in teeny bopper novels, as I was working for “the Man” day in and day out at Canada’s Wonderland. To go along with the manual labour, was a wonderful 80s soundtrack playing every single day.



Thankfully being an 80s music fan, the fact that Wonderland has not updated their music collection since ’97 did not bother me. It was actually difficult picking out one song that fit perfectly. As emotional and physical turmoil developed in my life, only a song involving mullets and hot pants--“(I Don’t Want To Lose) Your Love” by Outfield--could be the obvious choice to describe my summer.

And if you are not a fan of the original, check out Katy Perry’s cover and the extraordinary acoustic version by Bon Iver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!