Friday, October 28, 2011

Part 14

Miguel Leandro Gambao, 1st Year, English Literature and Philosophy

Song: Call Me Call Me

Artist: Steve Conte

Album: Cowboy Bebop Blue Soundtrack

As I graduated high school and was making the transition to freshman year, I would often talk with my friend Maurice about Cowboy Bebop, the critically acclaimed Space Western anime. We both loved the music of the show, comprised (mostly of jazz music) by Yoko Kanno. In the show, Call Me Call Me was played at one of the most emotional parts of the story, with two main characters leaving the group of five after spending nearly the entire show with them. For my friends and I moving and transitioning to a new stage in life, that scene and the accompanying song became symbolic of our camaraderie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!